Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Fun School Visit

I'd like to say thanks to Renaissance Academy for being kind enough to invite me to speak at their school, and in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday. It was a lot of fun getting to meet all the student from Kindergarten to 6th grade.

My Visit included reading the book, talking about my inspiration for the story and characters, and well as the tools used to do my illustrations. I demonstrated to the kids how to draw Timmy, the old sea turtle, and the hammer head shark from my story. I also took questions from the kids, and signed copies of the Timmy's Quest.

The Kids were all very nice, and very enthusiastic, which made the presentation a lot of fun for everyone. I've posted some pictures from the event below, you can also see more on the Libraries website, here.



No comments:

Post a Comment